Kristie Jones is the Principal at Sales Acceleration Group. She has over 20 years in the SaaS industry. She sees the importance of having accountability in your company and making sure that everyone fits into that culture. Kristie joins host Joseph Frost to talk about some of the latest innovations in the C-Suite.
- The culture of accountability is one thing that is missing from the C-Suite. Without that, all the work that you have done will be over very quickly.
- A culture of accountability is not about micromanaging. It’s about making everyone else’s life easier.
- Accountability starts at the top, and you need to be ready to fire or hire someone based on how they are meeting the needs for accountability.
- Sometimes change is needed to make your company better, and you shouldn’t be afraid of it.
- Criticism is ok. It can allow you to really take notice of how the company is doing and how to keep the best employees.
- Think about what you want to own, and be the best in that market. Don’t stretch yourself too thin, you won’t be successful then.
- You can only inspire the people who are self motivated. Good leaders have followers organically and if you are honest and authentic, then workers will respect that.
Quote of the Show:
2:37 “I think some people think a culture of accountability equals micromanagement and employees don’t like that. And at the end of the day, a culture of accountability is supposed to make everyone’s life easier, not harder.”