When was the last time you left an online review?
Whether it was for a product, restaurant, or service, your review could make a big difference for other consumers.
And, believe it or not, businesses are taking notice and building them into growth strategies.
In today’s digital age, positive online reviews can mean the difference between success and failure.
So what exactly makes online reviews so powerful?
And how can business owners and marketing professionals harness that power to help your business succeed?
Today we’re breaking down everything you need to know about positive reviews and how you can make them work for your business.
What are Positive Reviews?
Positive reviews are online testimonials that sing the praises of a product, restaurant, or service.
They can be in the form of a blog post, rating and review site like Yelp, TripAdvisor, or Google+, or even on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Increasingly, they are becoming more and more important in the digital landscape.
Why are Positive Reviews Important?
Positive reviews are important for a number of reasons.
For one, they show that a business is reputable and reliable.
This can help businesses stand out from the competition and earn trust from consumers.
Positive reviews can also help influence potential customers, as research has shown that consumers read online reviews before making a purchase.
According to a study by BrightLocal, 77% of survey respondents indicated that they “always” or “regularly” read online reviews when browsing for local businesses.
Taking that a step further, only 3% of total respondents said they would consider using a business with an average star rating of two or fewer stars.
What’s more, positive reviews can help businesses increase their bottom line.
According to the Harvard Business Review, a one-star increase on Yelp can lead to a 5-9% increase in revenue.
And lastly, another key outcome of positive reviews is that they can help a business rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
The digital landscape is moving from an informational one to one where trust, expertise, and authority reign supreme.
As such, positive reviews can lead to increased website traffic and, in turn, more conversions and sales.
The takeaway: Positive reviews increase consumer trust and spending.
Types of Online Reviews
There are several types of online reviews that are available to consumers.
1. Directory Listings
A directory listing is a website that collects user reviews of businesses and products.
The most well-known example of this is Yelp.com.
Directory listings are valuable to consumers because they allow them to make informed decisions about where to spend their money.
Directory listings also allow businesses to get feedback from customers and improve their products and services.
2. Social Media
Social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter allow businesses and consumers to connect with each other.
This allows businesses to share their products and services with customers, and customers can leave feedback about the products and services they have used.
Social media is a powerful tool for businesses because it allows them to build relationships with customers and get feedback from them.
3. Product Testimonial
Product testimonials are reviews of products that have been used by real people.
These reviews are valuable to consumers because they allow them to make informed decisions about whether or not to buy a product.
Product testimonials also allow businesses to get feedback from customers about their products and improve them.
You can use this type of review as a piece of evergreen marketing far into the future.
How to Write a Positive Review
As a consumer, it’s important to leave positive reviews for the businesses you patronize.
Positive reviews can make a huge difference for businesses, so make sure to leave them when you can!
How do You Write a Five-Star Review?
When you’re rating a business, it’s important to get the format correct.
While every experience is different, there are a few things you should keep in mind when you’re writing your review:
- Be honest: Don’t give a business a five-star review if it doesn’t deserve it. Honesty is key, and potential customers will be able to see through fake reviews.
- Focus on the good: Make sure to focus on the good things the company did. What will help them stand out from the competition if somebody else were to read the review?
- Be specific: Be specific and mention why you enjoyed your experience. Again, what will stand out to other customers?
- Keep it brief: Reviews are meant to be short and factual. Don’t go into immense detail that isn’t helpful. Focus on the facts and use clear, concise language to drive home your point.
These are a few tips to keep in mind, but use your own experience and thoughts to make the review your own.
What Should I Write in a Good Review?
Positive reviews are meant to specifically call out a business and praise the great experience that a customer had with them.
Use this as a chance to give praise to the individuals that helped give you that great experience.
- You can personally thank an employee by name.
- You can call out a specific type of recipe or dish at a restaurant.
- If you had a great experience with customer service, be sure to name-drop.
In short, make sure to mention what specifically made your visit great and how it could be improved on for others.
Positive Review Examples
Writing a positive review is not always an easy thing to do.
That’s why we’re giving you an easy template that you can use to write a positive review.
As a consumer, it’s important to leave positive reviews for the businesses you patronize.
Positive reviews help businesses to thrive and grow, while negative reviews can have a devastating effect.
That’s why we’re going to show you some positive review examples from actual businesses.
These reviews will help you to understand why positive reviews are important and how to write one yourself.
- “The staff was incredibly welcoming and helpful. I would definitely come back!”
- “The food was delicious and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. I’ll definitely be back!”
- “I had a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend this business to others.”
How to Get Customers to Write Positive Reviews
So how can businesses make the most of positive reviews?
Here are a few tips:
1. Make it easy for customers to leave reviews
Make sure your website and social media profiles have links to where customers can leave ratings and reviews.
2. Respond to positive and negative reviews
Thank customers for their positive reviews and respond to any negative reviews in a constructive manner.
3. Use positive reviews to market your business
Highlight positive reviews on your website, social media, and marketing materials.
Positive reviews are important for businesses of all sizes.
By following the tips above, you can make the most of these powerful testimonials and help your business succeed.
How to Respond to Positive Reviews
When a customer leaves a good review, it’s important to say thank you.
This type of interaction is one of the fundamentals of marketing that should not be overlooked.
According to brightlocal, 89% of consumers are “highly” or “fairly” likely to use a business that responds to all of its online reviews.
Treat this as yet another personal touchpoint and an opportunity to thank your customers for supporting your business and taking the time to leave a positive review.
How to Respond to Positive Reviews Examples
Voicing appreciation should have a highly personal touch and be done in your own words, but here are a few examples to get your started:
- “Thank you for your kind words, we’re glad to hear that you had a great experience at our restaurant!”
- “We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and service! Thank you for your kind words.”
- “Thank you for your positive review! We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience at our business.”
- “We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear that you had a great experience at our business!”
- “Thank you for your glowing review! We’re thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience at our business.”
When responding to a positive review, make sure to thank the customer and let them know that you’re glad they had a good experience.
You can also use this as an opportunity to highlight what made their visit great and how it could be improved on for other customers.
What About Negative Reviews?
When a customer leaves a negative review, it’s important to respond in a constructive manner.
This means that it’s essential to have a plan in place for how you’ll respond to negative reviews.
How to Respond to Negative Reviews
When a customer leaves a negative review, it’s important to remember that this is an opportunity to improve your business.
Here are a few tips for responding to negative reviews:
- Apologize for the bad experience and thank the customer for bringing it to your attention.
- Offer a solution for how the customer can rectify the situation.
- Respond promptly and politely.
- Keep your responses short and to the point.
How to Respond to Negative Reviews Examples
- “Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry that you had a bad experience and would like to help make it right. Please let us know how we can rectify the situation.”
- “We’re sorry that you had a bad experience at our business. Can you tell us more about what happened? We want to make things right for you.” “Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re sorry that you had a bad experience at our business, and we would like to help make it right. Please let us know how we can rectify the situation.”
- “We’re sorry that you had a bad experience at our business. We would like to help make it right. Please let us know how we can rectify the situation.”
Positive reviews are important for businesses to build trust with consumers and increase revenue.
It is simple to respond to positive reviews, but it must be done correctly.
We have provided examples of how to respond to positive reviews in a way that will show your customers that you appreciate their business.
Are you looking to manage your online reputation?
Hire a yorCMO CMO today.
We can help you respond to positive reviews, track negative sentiment online, and much more.
Contact us today for a free consultation!